Responsibilities and Duties
The role includes acting as the Quantum Expert Lead Assistant, working directly with the CEO – David Gibson, on significant disputes across Australia. The work shall also include producing and assessing claims on large building and infrastructure projects and analysing documents at an expert level for Arbitration and Litigation proceedings.
Within the role you will be expected to actively engage in business development and be responsible for various management related duties in conjunction with the Regional Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of Commercial Management duties on construction projects at all stages of their development and across a range of sectors.
- Site based experience as sub-contractor, contractor, consultant or client.
- Knowledge of claims preparation and assessment and a keen interest in contractual and legal matters
- Experience of assisting an Expert in Arbitration and/or Litigation.
- First class written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, determined and thorough in approach.
- Capable of carrying out independent study, analysis and interpretation, then presenting conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Good working knowledge of data management in excel.
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management (essential) and Construction Law (preferred).
- Professionally qualified: RICS, AIQS, CIArb or similar.