DGA Seminar: Construction contract conundrums and their resolution - 2022, 16th November, Leeds - 12 Oct 2022
Free Breakfast Seminar Leeds
Construction contract conundrums and their resolution - 2022
Contractual and commercial issues for Contractors and Sub-Contractors
Hosted by Scott Milner
16th November 2022
WeWork, Carrwood Park, Selby Road, Leeds, LS15 4LG
Scott Milner of DGA invites Contractors and Subcontractors to join him for the last complimentary breakfast seminar of the year which considers many of the interesting problems and disputes of 2022.
This a free seminar and offered on a first come, first serve basis. Occupancy is limited and places are limited to 2 per organisation. Therefore, don’t delay, book your place now!
In this seminar, we consider:
- If a payment notice does not include the genuine sum due, is the notice effective?
- Can a later payment notice be an effective notice in respect of a previous amount due?
- Is there a deadline to claim payment on completion of the works? If so, what is it?
- When does a final certificate issued under a JCT Contract become conclusive?
- Does it matter if the notice of termination has not been served by the right person?
- Can the Project Manager under an NEC ECC issue the “wish to terminate notice”; Can that notice also serve as the termination certificate?
- If a dispute arises under a contract for design and supply, can that be referred to Adjudication?
- What is the effect of a previous adjudication decision on the parties’ ongoing final account dispute?
- Can a subsequent ‘smash and grab’ succeed when there has been a prior decision on the true value of the works?
- Collateral Warranties: Are they a construction contract and do they give a 3rd Party the right to refer a dispute to adjudication?
BSc (Hons), MSc, PG Dip Law, PG Dip Legal Practice, MRICS, MCIArb, Solicitor (non-practising)
Scott is a Director with DGA Group and responsible for Yorkshire/ North East business and training. He has decades of experience training, claims and dispute resolution having worked in private practice, for major building and civil engineering contractors, international contract and commercial/claims consultancies, as Commercial Director and In-house Solicitor for an international contractor and as a lecturer and acted in excess of 150 Adjudications and as Expert Witness. For the full biography, please Click Here.
To apply to attend please click here.